Some people are not happy about the shape of their noses. The reasons can vary, like, accidents, aging, or just their genes. And so, they choose to undergo surgery which is called rhinoplasty.
The term “Rhinoplasty” is used in medical areas to refer to “nose job,” which is very popular among the current Gen-Z. Both men and women can receive the surgery.
Rhinoplasty does not only increase the aesthetics, but it also fixes ineffective breathing. The surgery includes contouring the nose by reshaping the bone and cartilage. This results in improvising any nasal defects caused in birth and improves the breathing function of the nose.
If you are interested in learning more about rhinoplasty, then read our full-fledged explanation on this topic. This article covers all the commonly raised questions by the people who are thinking of getting the nose job done.
You can find more information related to rhinoplasty modern techniques in the URL: https://www.medical-solutions-bcn.com/en/rhinoplasty-nose-reshaping/
Table of Contents
What Can Be Achieved By Undergoing Rhinoplasty?
The major aim of doing rhinoplasty is either to reshape the nose to give the desired look or to improvise the functioning of the nose.
People mostly expect to have the following:
- To narrow the tip of the nose by removing the alar cartilage.
- To get a smaller nose.
- To have a better side profile by eliminating any unappealing bumps.
- Make the tip of the nose more turned-up and round.
- Correct the nose septum if it’s deviated.
These are some basic requests that people ask for while getting rhinoplasty, say the medical experts.
What Is The Procedure Of Rhinoplasty?
Before the process of surgery starts, the patients are given general anesthesia or sedation based on the surgeon’s suggestion. For the surgery, it takes different procedures based on the requirements.
- If you want to reduce the nose size, then the surgeon eliminates nose bone and cartilage.
- If you are trying to increase the nose size, then the surgeon removes bone from the hip or the skull and places it in the nose region.
- If you are doing a little shaping of the nose, then it is done by rearranging the cartilage and reshaping the bone.
- If you are trying to reshape the gap between the upper lip and nose, the surgeon performs surgery near the lip.
- If you are trying to remove the dorsal bump, then the surgeon uses a surgical rasp.
If you are interested in non-surgical options for rhinoplasty, we recommend you to check this website.
How Long Does It Take To Finish The Whole Procedure?
It takes about 1 or 2 hours to finish a rhinoplasty procedure after using general anesthesia. Once the surgery is done, the expert plasters the nose with a cast or with a splint. He removes the splint after 7-10 days. In this period, your nose will be settling in the corrected shape and heals itself.
The surgeon puts the splint on the bridge of the nose to prevent you from getting hurt during the healing period.
He prescribes some antibiotics to reduce the pain if there is any.
What Are The Differences Between Men’s And Women’s Rhinoplasty?
The procedure while performing the rhinoplasty for men and women are the same, but the results differ.
Certain features are feminine, and the doctor avoids these features while performing surgery for a man. Surgeons try to masculinize the nose in men by creating a prominent nose with a wider bridge.
In the case of surgery for women, the doctor builds the nose a little rounder on end, and the tip is turned-up. But for men, he maintains the gap between the nose and upper lip at 90 degrees angle.
What Do You Need to Remember During The Recovery Period?
- First off, immediately after the surgery, you are asked to breathe through your mouth because of the swelling on the nose.
- You might look weird for a few days with some black and blue discolorations on the face, and this is normal after surgery. You may also have swelling for 3 to 7 weeks after surgery.
- At times, there can be bleeding or drainage of mucus on the nose, do not panic.
- Don’t take a hot bath or wet your splint, at least for one-week post-surgery.
Additional Things To Remember After Surgery
- Do not have much movement near your upper lips while eating or brushing.
- The clothes you wear should not come in contact with your nose.
- Eat high-fiber foods to avoid constipation.
- Avoid wearing glasses for a few weeks to avoid pressure on the nose.