Modafinil, brand name Provigil, originally came into development as a eugeroic or wakefulness agent to treat common conditions such as:
- Shift-work sleep disorder
- Sleep apnea
Healthcare providers prescribe the drug in an effort to help patients with crippling episodes of fatigue who struggle to stay awake. Many people who take Modafinil find falling asleep challenging for up to 12 hours or more after the dose, meaning those with narcolepsy can stay awake for an entire day after taking the drug. It has the indication as a pharmaceutical, but it also has the consideration as a ‘smart drug’ or a nootropic.
For people who have no issues with chronic fatigue or narcolepsy, Modafinil Now suggests benefits of another level, including an increase in concentration and focus exceeding 12-hour timespans. Other nootropic benefits that users take note of include:
- An increase in memory retention
- Higher productivity than capable of previously
- More attentive for longer
- An increased level of focus
- Able to work throughout the night without difficulty
The drug’s popularity is continually growing due to its advantages and effectiveness with users throughout the world, reporting results such as better grades and the ability to bring in more money with their careers. Brain enhancers are also said to be natural, increasing creativity and enhancing the overall mental performance.
Tips On Taking Modafinil To Make It Effective
As with any drug that you intend to start, the first step is to consult with a healthcare provider so that you can have supervision to maintain good overall health status and a sense of well-being. The doctor will be able to assist you in finding the ideal dosage for you and keep the side effects to a minimum.Read here about the cognitive effects of the nootropic.
- Finding the ideal dose will be the key to the drug’s effectiveness for your specific needs. When doctors prescribe the drug, they typically dose at a level of 100-400mg. Individual users range from 50 up to as much as 400 mg each day. The idea is to start small and bump it up until you reach the effect that you feel is right for you. There’s no reason to take a massive dose if you can get the same effect at a smaller amount.
- The suggestion with the drug is to ‘split dose’ throughout the day, meaning that you will halve or quarter a 200 mg pill during your day with the first dose after breakfast and another after lunch. Many individuals find that the half-life and strength are more stable and last longer with split dosing.
- It’s essential to time the pill effectively, making sure to wake up at a decent time to consume the nootropic as early as possible. The effects have the potential to last up to 15 or more hours, so you want to take it at a time that will benefit you throughout the day. And the recommendation is that it should always be taken in the morning.
- Depending on the dosage, your tolerance level, and the way that you sleep, schedules will tend to get challenging as the drug messes with sleep patterns even if you take it early in the morning. The notion of falling asleep at a reasonable time may be misguided, but it depends on the person. That’s another reason to start with a smaller dose and bump up and never forget to take it in the morning.
- The nootropic has the potential to suppress the appetite, so it’s crucial to remember to eat after taking it and stick to your usual meal plan even if there is no desire to eat. Take three meals a day at their standard times and make sure to eat the amount that you would generally consume to avoid any kind of side effects from taking it, which could include stomach issues if you choose not to eat.
- It’s also critical as with any substance to drink a significant amount of water. Doing so is also a great deterrent to many of the common side effects but hydration is essential to the body whether you’re engaging in ‘smart drugs’ or not. People neglect to do this when they’re busy and simply forget. Whether you need to pencil it into your schedule or set an alert on your phone, it’s important to drink.
- It is tempting for many users to take the pills every day, but it’s not recommended. It’s a potent prescription drug that needs to have attention paid as to the tolerance, particularly when indulging as a ‘smart drug.’ As a guide, many find that taking it between 1-3 days each week is sufficient in providing the ultimate benefits without any type of tolerance buildup or dependence.
- As with any substance, you don’t want to mix this drug with alcohol. Any prescription drug will act poorly when consumed alongside alcohol, and Modafinil is no different. The combination puts extra strain on the liver, which is responsible for breaking down and metabolizing both of these once they’ve been ingested, causing significant stress to the liver. The health risk is substantial and it is an example of not using the nootropic wisely. When you need focus, take Modafinil and if you want to socialize have a drink. Don’t indulge in both together.
Use Modafinil effectively for your work agenda by planning out the day when you plan to take it. That is the most crucial step that you need to take. Be diligent and prepared for what you hope to accomplish by writing out the schedule the night before for an eight-hour or longer span. Make sure to have that itinerary with you throughout the day, so you stick with it and cross off each task as it’s completed.
It doesn’t need to be a complicated or an unhealthy process, just be wise, take it correctly with the doctor monitoring you, and you should be extremely safe. There deem many benefits and advantages, and it can be a compelling choice for your specific needs if you do it right.