Goods and service tax or GST is the indirect tax people in India are using on all the supply of goods and services. It is a Multi-State comprehensive and destination-based tax because there is no need for a user to pay any other Tax at all. Right now, things have been changed to an extent, and users can perform the login online and then make the payment. If we have no idea how to perform the GST login online and all other details related, not to worry because this read is a preferable choice for you. In this read, you will find out all the related things regarding the GST login portal in detail.
Table of Contents
What is the GST login portal?
GST login portal is specially developed for people so that they can manage their taxes easily. There is no need for them to stand in long queues at the local income tax office and then file GST. After performing the login on the portal, they can easily do it. This portal is officially organized by the Government of India for all the people out there.
For first time users, it appears to be a difficult one to understand, but this is not very difficult at all. Users can easily understand it.
What is the GST e way bill system?
You might have heard about the GST e-way bill. If you have no idea what the system is all about, here we help you to know it. It is also known as an electronic waybill, which is required to carry by all the Transporters whenever it is about moving goods from one state to another or for intra-state movement. The e-way bill has the tracking code available to track the movement of goods under the GST.
For generating the E way bill, there is no need for a user to visit anywhere at all. This can be easily generated on the e-way portal. The consignment, which costs Rs. 50,000 and more, requires the E waybill. When the bill gets generated, there will be an e-bay bill number allocated for the recipient supplier and the Transporter as well.
What are the details and documents are required for generating e way bill?
For generating the E way bill, the details, and documents required as follows:-
- Do get the invoice/bill of supply/challan of the consignment of goods
- Get an idea about the vehicle number or Transporter ID, if road transportation is considered for transporting the consignment
- Date of the documents, Transporter ID, Transport document number are required in case the mode of transport chosen is air rail or ship.
It is also essential to know that before implementing GST, e-way bills are essential to generate through the state-specific portals. Certain state-specific rules are there under GST, and by keeping the same in mind, the e-way bill will get generated. After following all the rules and regulations, the E way bill will be applicable throughout India.
How to register for GST?
Chances are there, you might be looking forward to knowing how you can register for GST. Don’t worry because a set of steps will help you to do it within no time. These are as follows:
- At the very first, you need to register for GST online through the online portal by visiting a www.gst.gov.in
- On the main page, a new registration option is available under the services tab to click on it.
- It will ask for certain details, including business name or personal profile type, email id, mobile number, state, mention all the details, and hit on the proceed button.
- An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number and email ID for generating the temporary reference number.
- Now it on the new registration option again and use the temporary reference number this time.
- This time a user needs to do the editing in the application and upload all the required documents.
- When you will be done with uploading all the documents and editing the details, submit the application through the verification tab.
- Now GST application reference number is required to check out the status of the application in the future.
How can user check out the GST status?
As we all are quite well versed with GST, this replaced all other taxes on the product, including state VAT, Central sales tax, central excise duty, purchase tax, and so on. But it is essential for manufacturers and service providers to register under the GST to file the returns.
At the very first, understand the returns applicable under the GST Regime. In total, 11 types of returns are applicable, and each of them comes up with a different purpose along with the due date. A user can easily file GST returns online by visiting the portal at www.gst.gov.in
Understand the steps that help you to file your GST return online.
Steps to follow for filing GST return online:
- At the very first, you need to make sure that the registration has been done under the GST portal and 11 digit GST identification number is available to you.
- Now perform login on the GST portal.
- The Services button is available to click on it.
- Now moved to the returns dashboard, and from the drop-down menu, fill out the financial year for which you are filing the return.
- Now select the return you want to file and hit on the prepare online option.
- Mention all the required values, including the amount and late fees, and other details asked.
- Hit on the save button, and a success message will be displayed on the screen.
- Now hit on the submit button available at the bottom of the page.
- When the status gets changed to submitted, scroll down and it on the payment of tax file option.
- Hit on the check balance option to view the cash and credit balance so that all the details for the respective binary heads will be cleared.
- Now clear the liabilities and offset liability to make the payment and then wait for the confirmation pop-up to display on the screen.
- Click on the ok button.
- Check the box against the declaration and select all the authorised signatories from the drop-down list. From there, you need to click on the file form with DSC of the file form with EVC and it on the proceed button.
- Make the payment for the respective GST form in the next step.
How can users perform GST login?
For first time users:
- Visit the official website a www.gst.gov.in.
- Hit on the login button.
- Form the login with the provisional ID issued along with the password received by mail.
- Enter the username and password you wish to use in the future.
- On the submit button.
- Go back to the login page and perform login with the credentials.
For existing users:
Existing users are available with the credentials, so all they need to do is:
- Visit www.gst.gov.in
- Hit on the login button.
- Mention the username and password along with the captcha code.
- Hit on the login button.
- The login procedure is getting completed, and a user can have access over the dashboard.
In this way, the GST login can be completed easily. There is no need for a user to worry about anything that was right now the online portals are for advanced and helping them to have the service is easy. Just try to utilise the services conveniently so that there will be known as such trouble and you can file the returns easily.