Attention Digital Nomads – Thailand Awaits

If you are one of the lucky people that works remotely, it might have crossed your mind to spend some time in Southeast Asia and if that is the case, you couldn’t pick a better destination than Thailand, or the Land of Smiles, as it is affectionately known.

Attention Digital Nomads

Why is Thailand such a popular destination for digital nomads?

When you are free to live anywhere in the world, Thailand must rate very high on the list of venues; Thailand is cheap compared to Europe and the US, that’s for sure; rent is low, while transportation is safe and affordable. While Thailand might be a developing country, it has faster Internet connectivity than most European nations, with 5G enabled nationwide. You can either rent an apartment in Bangkok or a pool villa in the south of Thailand and when it’s time for work, you have a super-fast new connection that won’t cost you a fortune. You can relax and enjoy a massage Thai in Bangkok at one of the premier spas that Bangkok hosts.

Long term visas

If you are under the age of 50, you are limited to the type of visa that enables a long-term stay. As of writing this article, there is not yet a special visa for digital nomads, although we are certain it is in the pipeline. You could apply for a tourist visa from the Thai embassy in your home country; this visa is valid for 60 days and for a few dollars, you can extend a further 30 days, then another 15 days. Another option is an education visa; you can stay up to 15 months if you register at a government-approved Thai language school, while you can study Muay Thai or Buddhism, which many young people do. Another option is the partner up with a Thai national and form a private limited company; Thais must hold a minimum of 51% of the shares, while you can hold the remaining 49%. The best approach is to make contact with a reputable visa agency in Bangkok and let the experts outline the various visa options.

Escaping the European winter

Let’s face it, no one likes to live in a sub-zero climate and many UK and European digital nomads come to Thailand in September to escape the freezing winter. You can spend an idyllic 5 or 6 months in the sun, then return home in May or June to enjoy the European summer. Some young entrepreneurs remain in Thailand all year round and who can blame them? Click here for information on adventure travel.

Research online

Any person who is thinking of relocating to Thailand can find a lot of useful information to give you a clearer picture of what is involved. You might prefer the mountainous north of Thailand to the idyllic tropical beaches in Phuket and Koh Samui, both are awesome in their own way. Chiang Mai is the capital city in the northern region and is a popular destination for digital nomads.

Check out the Tourism Authority of Thailand website to find more detailed information on all regions of the country and we hope you enjoy your stay in this unique country.


Recommended For You

About the Author: Alex

Alex Jones is a writer and blogger who expresses ideas and thoughts through writings. He loves to get engaged with the readers who are seeking for informative content on various niches over the internet. He is a featured blogger at various high authority blogs and magazines in which He is sharing research-based content with the vast online community.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *