Through Skyward Family View, parents/guardians may access student record information at any time. This is the main advantage for students and parents to have access to their academic records at the same time. For example, a student may be discussing the status of their grades online or waiting for feedback from a teacher for an assignment that is due. A parent or guardian would have access to the same information in order to help out.
Skyward also works with myki cards and smartcards which are commonly used across Australia. If your child has his/her own myki card, then you can add this to your Skyward account so they don’t need to remember their card number every time they want to check their progress on Skyward Family View.
Table of Contents
How does skyward ccisd work?
Myki cards and smartcards can be added to your skyward ccisd View account using the ‘Add Card’ feature.
To add a card to your family account, follow these steps:
- Log into Skyward Family View, go to the Settings tab and select ‘Add Card’ from the left-hand column.
- Select Myki or Smartcard as the delivery method for your card details. These details are required for an initial setup of your card on your student’s account. If this is not done correctly you may receive an error message when adding a new card to your family account, which will prevent you from viewing that student’s information online.
- Enter the card number, expiry date, and ten digit code, and click the Submit button.
- Log into Myki with your myki account details and follow their instructions to apply your card to your student’s account.
- To confirm that the card has been successfully added to your student’s account, log into Skyward Family View and check in the Card History section on their student record page that you now have a Card added for that student.
Why use skyward ccisd?
Skyward Family View is a secure and easy-to-use online platform for parents/guardians and students to communicate about their student’s academic progress. It allows for one click access to answers or requests that have been raised in class or through the school system.
Skyward runs the following features at an extra cost:
Student Status, Request for Grade, Request for Tasks, Response Grades, Request for Marking, Student Progress, and Notifications of School Function Events. This is a list of features that can be paid for at any time without having to use Skyward Family View as your student’s educational tool.
Skyward is the most common software used in New South Wales and it is a great tool to improve the grades of students. It is a secure way to share information between teachers and parents/guardians, as well as a secure way of receiving feedback on students’ grades. The online system is a great way for students to check their progress throughout their semester. For example, if you are worried about your grades in maths, then you can check with the ‘Student Progress’ section of Skyward Family View if there has been any improvement since last semester.